Aimed at Practice Nurses and General Practitioners.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
To ensure that PN’s & GP’s have the appropriate up to date information to ensure they can administer adult & childhood vaccines safely.
N.B: PN’s & GP’s new to immunisations should attend the 2-day core training and use this session as an annual update.
This is a Half Day training session led by QACTI (Quality Assured Consultancy and Training Interventions).
Lunch will not be provided.
At the end of the training delegates will be able to:
- Identify recent issues regarding vaccinations, including cold chain incidents
- Discuss any recent changes to the immunisation schedules, including flu’ vaccination for the current year
- Define the legislative boundaries when giving vaccinations
- Review current practice and identify areas for improvement
- Discuss how to manage anaphylaxis and other adverse events
- Review the correct storage and administration of vaccines.